Arch is an open source extension of Apache Nutch (a popular, highly scalable general purpose search engine) for intranet search. Not happy with your corporate search engine? Not surprising, very few people are. To the best of our knowledge, there are no intranet engines that work as well as the Google's global Web search does. There is a fundamental reason for this: the algorithms used by Google on the global Web (or similar) do not work nearly as well on intranets for the lack of statistical data. Arch (finally!) solves this problem. It uses a novel method to deliver high precision search results that works great. Don't believe it? Blind test evaluation tools are included. You can deploy Arch and compare its performance to your current search engine and/or Google (on the public part of your site) using a blind test methodology.
In addition to the excellent search quality, Arch has many features critical for corporate environments:
- Document level security. Users can find only documents that they are authorized to see.
- Inexpensive index updates. Arch is able to keep indexes up to date and avoid regular complete site recrawling.
- 24/7 availabilty. There is always a working index available, even if a crawl fails.
- Support for simultaneous indexing and search of multiple web sites, with ability to search and administer any site separately, if needed. Dynamic adding and removal of web sites is easy.
- An automatically generated site directory.
- Low cost support once deployed.
- Dual interface (PHP and Java) for easy deployment and customization.
- Faceted search "out of the box".
- An extensive and extensible set of parsers for parsing a variety of file formats: HTML, PHP, PDF, MS Office, Open Office, etc.
- A modular, plugin-based architecture that can be easily customized and extended.
- The source code is included.
- High performance and scalability. Arch can run on computer clusters to index very large data sets.
Arch Search Engine is a free software application from the Search/Lookup Tools subcategory, part of the Network & Internet category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2016-08-18. The program can be installed on WinVista, WinVista x64, Win7 x32, Win7 x64, Mac OS X, Mac Other, Windows2003, WinServer, Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Unix, Linux, Java, Windows Media Center Edition 2005, Windows Vista Starter, Windows Vista Home Basic, Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, Windows Vista Home Basic x64, Windows Vista Home Premium x64, Windows Vista Business x64, Windows Vista Enterprise x64, Linux Console, Linux Gnome, Linux GPL, Linux Open Source, Mac OS X 10.5, Mac OS X 10.4, Mac OS X 10.3, Mac OS X 10.2, Mac OS X 10.1, Mac OS 9.
Arch Search Engine (version 1.9.2) has a file size of 23.90 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 225 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.